ADA Compliance for Websites: Protect Your Digital Home
What Is ADA Compliance?
Reasons Why Your Website Should Be ADA Compliant
- ADA Compliance improves SEO efforts
- It increases your target audience
- Helps to avoid penalties by meeting WCAG guidelines
- Provides presentable and understandable information to users
- Overall you get better website usability
How to Make Website ADA Compliant?
- Add alt text to all meaningful images on your website.
- Instead of setting an exact font size using numbers of pixels, use scalable units to determine font size. This makes your site more adaptable and accessible than using traditional processes.
- Provide keyboard shortcuts for better navigation.
- Ensure your website works well with assisting technology.
- Any distraction such as pop ups that automatically initialize on your website must be removed.
- Allocate multiple options to access website content such as text, time-based, video, audio etc. Last but not the least, make your website accessible to ALL users.
What Happens If Action Not Taken?
Websites never stop evolving. With thousands of ADA lawsuits being filed each year, it’s better to not ignore ADA compliance and the WCAG 2.0. Websites that are ADA accessible and compliant are not only friendly to individuals with disabilities, but they also tend to be friendly to search engine ranks too! If you’re unsure where to get started, the ADA’s website has tips. You can also contact us to find out if your website is currently ADA compliant and how you can change it if it’s not. If you’re planning to redesign a major website, don’t look any further. We understand the importance of these compliance standards and know how to accurately meet the guidelines quickly. In closing, If you have any questions to bring your website up to ADA Compliance or If you want to build ADA Compliant website in USA, India or across the world , then contact us today.